DEADLINE: April 1, 2021
The Heckenlaible Memorial Scholarship is established to provide a scholarship (amount to be determined) each year to a Catholic male student graduating from one of the high schools in the city of Sioux Falls. This money must be used to help pay the costs of attending a college/university.
The senior candidate must have the following:
- Catholic, male student that is a member of a current graduating class at any Sioux Falls high school.
- Have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Have earned at least twenty units of high school credit.
- Rank in the upper 10% of his class or have received an enhanced ACT composite score of 25 or an SAT score of 1100.
- Complete the online application.
- Include a copy of your most recent transcript.
The Heckenlaible Memorial Scholarship will be awarded at the OGHS Senior Awards Mass.
Payment will be made through the Bishop O'Gorman Catholic Schools Foundation directly to the financial aid office each semester, upon proper notification by the post-secondary institution the student attends.
Anticipated resources to assist with college expenses:
Bishop O'Gorman Catholic Schools Foundation
3100 W 41st Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
phone: (605) 575-3343
*The application will be reviewed by a scholarship selection committee which
may include representatives of the donors. All information will be shared with
this committee and will be kept confidential and used only for the selection process.